What types of work do I edit?
Books, novels, fiction and non-fiction .
My preferences are memoir, articles and non-fiction subjects.
Tone, Flow, Dialogue word choice, Tense, Point-of-view, Sentence structure, Clarity
Developmental / Substantive Editing:
All of the above (Thorough Edit, plus)…
Restructuring for presentation and organization of the content
Copyedit / Proofreading:
Basic: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation
Copyediting and proofreading are essentially the final state of the editing processing. Proofreading consists of comparing the latest stage of the text/manuscript (often final proof pages) against the immediate preceding stage and marking the discrepancies within the text. Proofreading includes any or all of the following:
- Checking proof pages against typesetting specifications.
- Checking proof pages for problems in page make-up, layout, color separation, type, etc.
- Checking proof pages against an editorial style sheet and/or manual for inconsistencies in style.
- Reading for typographical errors and/or sense without reading against the copy.
- Querying and/or correcting errors and inconsistencies that may have been missed by an editor and/or author.
Need to discuss your work? Book a 30 minute Zoom meeting with me.
Explanation of Rates
- Hourly rate is applied to small projects or extra revisions over and above the project description.
- Word rate is applied to manuscripts over 3000 words.
Terms and Conditions for Manuscripts
A writing sample consisting of a one or two chapters of the manuscript is requested in order to help us determine the level of editing that is necessary.
A contract will be negotiated that is acceptable to both parties.
Rush rates are 1.5 times the regular rate. Rush is defined as a project requiring completion within 1 business day.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- PayPal (email invoice)